Talk

Advanced search

Sleeping and feeds

(3 Posts)
Helen12aZ1 Tue 02-Apr-19 18:22:51

My son is 10 weeks old suffers with relfux we have got that under control now with gaviscon and omeprazol.
Last week or so he's been screaming day and night waking every hour at night and doesn't sleep in the day .. if he does sleep in the day it's only for 10 - 20 mins and then he will continue screaming again.
He has been teething as well been dribbling loads and chewing on his hands but surely teething can't cause all this screaming and lack of sleep?
Someone please tell me what I should do or give me advice I'm exhausted 🤦‍♀️

Dad2017 Wed 10-Apr-19 05:57:27

Hi Helen,

We went through the same thing with my son when he was that age and it was exhausting. Our boy had reflux, dairy allergy so lots of sickness and little sleep so feel your pain.

Have you spoken to the doctor about him having a milk allergy because when my wife cut dairy out of her diet and the doctor prescribed special formula (she was breastfeeding and bottle) it made a huge difference to sleep and happiness (well, sleep regression at 4 and 8 months was not fun but not related) and he was more content.

The first year is very challenging when it's your first but it's all pretty normal as babys are just sick and poo machines.

Speak to your doctor to see if it could be dairy related as might make a world of difference

snoopy18 Mon 22-Apr-19 06:05:35

I’d recommend trying to take him to a cranial osteopath over the doctors if he’s experiancing reflux and sleep issues OP.

The doctor was useless with us and just said it’ll be colic but colic is just useless and not even anything specific! Doesn’t help to get to the root of the issue 😳

I took my now 6 week old for 2 sessions and have found it has helped him a lot so far. His painful cries have gone for the moment atleast & seems way more content 🙏🏾

As OP said above it could be worth trying to cut dairy out if he is currently on dairy / you’re on dairy and BF. I’m currently mix feeding but non dairy formula when he is taking formula. Have done this since birth.

Hope you find a solution soon as it’s so awful when they are crying in pain isn’t it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »