Talk

Advanced search

Run out of time to provide a sibling! Pressure!

(3 Posts)
rioo Mon 01-Apr-19 22:00:18

I'm 42 and have a 3 yo. In an ideal world I would have started my family earlier but I'm now feeling pressure to try and give my ds a sibling but I'm enjoying just being a mum of one. I'm running out of time and wish I had more time. Anyone else feel like this?

RDMummy Tue 02-Apr-19 19:33:54

Hi OP. Where is the pressure coming from? If you're happy as a mum of one then it's fine to stay that way (I have!).

MumUnderTheMoon Sun 12-May-19 00:00:57

Is this internal pressure or external? If you felt under pressure to have another child because you want to be a parent again then by all means go for it but don't do it predominately to provide a sibling for your first child. Some siblings hate each other. Some siblings have nothing in common and ignore each other completely. Some siblings are carers which is a completely different dynamic. you can raise an amazing, secure, happy, loving, only child and focus on the joy that brings or you can be distracted by the pressure. Don't do that to yourself.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »