Talk

Advanced search

10 week old feeding 4 times a day

(5 Posts)
LaurenSarah22 Tue 29-Jan-19 02:51:29

So my LO is 10 weeks old and for the past few days is only feeding 4 times a day. She's sleeping through the night from 9.30pm till around 8am with the odd day of 9am. She feeds around 9am then around every 5 hourly and has about 5/6oz at a time. I've tried to squeeze in a 5th bottle, or feed her before the 5 hours is up but she just doesn't want it. She's a good weight and is due to be weighed again next week, plenty of wet nappies, plenty of poos and is very alert during the day when she isn't napping. Does this sound okay? I'm a FTM and its worrying me.

SD1978 Tue 29-Jan-19 04:13:16

Can you take her in to be weighed early? Being alert and happy is definitely important, and as long as she is also putting on weight appropriately it doesn't sound too concerning- the weight gain is probably going to be the best indication on whether she is recovering enough milk

Minniemountain Tue 29-Jan-19 07:07:09

If you're worried have her weighed early.

My BIL was like that though. He was absolutely fine.

gaelicgirl Thu 30-May-19 18:04:31

Sounds very similar to my DD. Slept through from a few weeks old and just fed in the day.
I always feel a bit embarrassed when people ask about night feeds - I never fed her once in the night.
In the very early days she was fed at about midnight, gradually getting earlier as the weeks went by, but she slept more or less until morning. If she did wake, she wasn't hungry, just a bit grumbly and settled after a quick cuddle.
They are all different, if your DC is well this is probably just their 'normal'

MRex Sat 22-Jun-19 11:20:13

Has she has any illness? Most babies feed a lot more than that at that age, but I know one baby who only fed 4* per day and got nicely chunky on that. Just go by her weight and centile to judge if there's a problem.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »