Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baby fever with an 8 month old!!!

(9 Posts)
Bella8 Mon 30-Oct-17 15:14:15

Hi all, I have an 8 month old DS who is growing up very fast and recently have been plagued by baby fever! I am yearning for a nother baby and my heart is saying yes but my head is saying hell no!! I've only just started getting a little extra sleep and I would as least like DS out of nappies before trying for another. I feel like my clock is ticking thought as I'm 32 and would like to have two close in age. I conceived straight away with DS and I worry that I wouldn't be as lucky second time around and it could take a very long time. I've been thinking it would be a good time to start trying when DS turns 1 at least to allow myself to fully recover! Does anybody else feel like me? I keep seeing newborn clothes everywhere and thinking how cute DS would look with a little brother or sister to play with!!

Bella8 Mon 30-Oct-17 15:14:47

though*

Bella8 Tue 31-Oct-17 08:56:57

Any comments would be appreciated, thanks x

pastabest Tue 31-Oct-17 09:05:07

I have a 9 month old and I'm 8 weeks pregnant. It wasn't planned (definitely no baby fever here! grin) but I have got used to the idea.

I haven't really enjoyed the baby stage and fortunately DD hasn't either and as such is romping on and enjoying being an early walker and being quite independent. I'm the same age as you and have told myself that having two so close together and getting the baby stage over and done with as soon as possible is actually a good thing. In contrast to you the thought of having to go back to nappies and sleepless nights just as I'm getting out of that stage with the first one fills me with horror.

I'd rather just have a few really hectic years than spend all of my 30s changing nappies.

Bella8 Tue 31-Oct-17 09:19:03

Thanks pastabest, congratulations!! Your little ones will grow up so close; they will be adorable! I know the nappies and sleepless nights do put me off but the nice parts like watching them play and grow up close together are what I'm thinking of. I had a hard time with DS because he had some complications at birth and was in SCBU for a few days after birth. He also was a very fussy newborn with reflux and he cried so much, refused to sleep more than 30 minutes at a time for the first 5 months that me and DH thought we were put off for life! But now he's 8 months old and I'm getting some sleep again and things are getting better. I realise his time does pass and that no two babies are the same! Maybe I'm not blocking the frantic parts out 😬!?!

Bella8 Tue 31-Oct-17 09:19:45

this*

Bella8 Tue 31-Oct-17 09:20:01

just*

crazypenguinlady Tue 31-Oct-17 09:27:16

This is me!! My son has just turned 8 months old and I've been broody for months! I'm so utterly besotted with him that I want another to join our family. I'm also 31 and can feel my clock ticking (even though DS was conceived on the first mobth trying)

No advice here but I've finally convinced DP to start trying late next year so something to look forward to.

Bella8 Tue 31-Oct-17 09:33:35

Exactly how I feel crazypenguinlady. I've talked my DH around to possibly trying after DS turns 1. I've told him it may not happen straight away like the first and we have to be prepared for all scenarios and that kind of swayed him alittle!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now