Talk

Advanced search

Sister's first baby.....what to buy?

(6 Posts)
Mrssomerhalder85 Sun 12-Feb-17 15:14:37

Afternoon all!

My sister and her husband will be having their first baby together in a couple of months. I know that nothing has been bought, and money is tight, so I thought I'd put together a big pack of things for them and baby!
What did you really wish for when your children first arrived?

MtheWad Mon 13-Mar-17 23:44:39

I can't remember what I wished for when I had dd, but I can tell you what I found was most useful.
A bouncer, muslins (I think the John Lewis ones are best value for money) and a boppy pillowsmile

Aliveinwanderland Mon 13-Mar-17 23:51:46

A cosleeper crib

MelinaMercury Tue 14-Mar-17 00:12:51

I think the practical things make the best gifts.

How about getting a folding fabric toybox with lid that can be used later or a moses basket and filling it with useful stuff?

Things like:
sponge bath support
baby nail clippers
Bepanthen
Infacol
Saline nasal drops
snot sucker
baby body/hair wash
muslins
nappies
wipes
cot mobile/soothing toy (mine loved the Fisher Price Glow Seahorse)
soft sponge
teething gel/powders
sheets blankets

PonderLand Wed 15-Mar-17 20:01:52

The best gift we received for my lb was a star blanket, we bought the next size up as soon as he outgrew it!

http://tuppenceandcrumble.com/shop/Baby-Star-Wraps-Naturals

Also baby bundlers are perfect for newborns before they fit into sleeping bags and make nightly nappy changes less stressful as you can keep baby in just a nappy during the warm nights.
The one in the link is what we got.

https://m.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-baby-organic-cotton-bunny-bundler-white/p/1713650

user1490981241 Mon 17-Apr-17 18:32:17

Something that is actually useful so get a baby bouncer or nappies rather than a "baby boy/girl" frame.

Perhaps arrange and throw a surprise baby shower for them? They will get all the extras they need! I had a years supply of changing items, furniture, bathing stuff, clothes, bouncers toys and baby swings haha! Its great and i didnt pay a penny whic was a great help with the shock of stopping work! Would be a lovely surprise for them and a HUGE help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now