Talk

Advanced search

Sister's first baby.....what to buy?

(8 Posts)
Mrssomerhalder85 Sun 12-Feb-17 15:14:37

Afternoon all!

My sister and her husband will be having their first baby together in a couple of months. I know that nothing has been bought, and money is tight, so I thought I'd put together a big pack of things for them and baby!
What did you really wish for when your children first arrived?

MtheWad Mon 13-Mar-17 23:44:39

I can't remember what I wished for when I had dd, but I can tell you what I found was most useful.
A bouncer, muslins (I think the John Lewis ones are best value for money) and a boppy pillowsmile

Aliveinwanderland Mon 13-Mar-17 23:51:46

A cosleeper crib

MelinaMercury Tue 14-Mar-17 00:12:51

I think the practical things make the best gifts.

How about getting a folding fabric toybox with lid that can be used later or a moses basket and filling it with useful stuff?

Things like:
sponge bath support
baby nail clippers
Bepanthen
Infacol
Saline nasal drops
snot sucker
baby body/hair wash
muslins
nappies
wipes
cot mobile/soothing toy (mine loved the Fisher Price Glow Seahorse)
soft sponge
teething gel/powders
sheets blankets

PonderLand Wed 15-Mar-17 20:01:52

The best gift we received for my lb was a star blanket, we bought the next size up as soon as he outgrew it!

http://tuppenceandcrumble.com/shop/Baby-Star-Wraps-Naturals

Also baby bundlers are perfect for newborns before they fit into sleeping bags and make nightly nappy changes less stressful as you can keep baby in just a nappy during the warm nights.
The one in the link is what we got.

https://m.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-baby-organic-cotton-bunny-bundler-white/p/1713650

user1490981241 Mon 17-Apr-17 18:32:17

Something that is actually useful so get a baby bouncer or nappies rather than a "baby boy/girl" frame.

Perhaps arrange and throw a surprise baby shower for them? They will get all the extras they need! I had a years supply of changing items, furniture, bathing stuff, clothes, bouncers toys and baby swings haha! Its great and i didnt pay a penny whic was a great help with the shock of stopping work! Would be a lovely surprise for them and a HUGE help smile

ChantelleR89 Fri 28-Apr-17 21:40:26

By the time my little one was born I had already brought loads of clothes so was desperate for any sorts of toiletries as they run out so fast!!

RueDeDay Fri 28-Apr-17 21:42:55

Best present I got was a decent thermos mug grin Only reason I got to drink a hot cuppa for about 18 months!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now