AIBU socks...

(7 Posts)
Ethansmum1988 Fri 03-Jun-16 19:52:26

This might seem a silly post but both my mother and my MIL criticise the fact that DS doesn't always have matching socks on. When I was a teenager a sock was a sock. I myself only wear matching socks when necessary. Recently MIL has questioned me as to why DS doesn't wear matching socks. I'm an advocate that DS should dress himself and therefore make his own decisions. May question is...does it really flipping matter????

BackforGood Sat 04-Jun-16 00:54:43

How old is ds?
My (teen) dds wear deliberately non-matching socks as a fashion thing. No big issue as far as I'm concerned, although they are both able to understand there are times when it isn't appropriate (funerals / interviews )

Greenyogagirl Sat 04-Jun-16 00:56:04

My ds only wears matching socks because I only buy black ones now grin

LittleBoat Sat 04-Jun-16 01:00:21

Oh I bloody hate this. Mismatching socks on little ones is v cute.

DS is 10 and finds socks very hard to wear (hypersensitivity), so if he has any on at all it is a cause for celebration. A staff member at his school has taken to looking at his ankles and then shooting me a look every morning.

My life is too short to put socks into pairs only for him to declare one half of a pair 'scratchy' and then replace it with another of a completely different colour but that is comfortable.

HSMMaCM Sun 26-Jun-16 00:59:16

What's wrong with odd socks for goodness sake? If it bothered your DC then I'd pair them, but otherwise you can have some fun with the lucky dip in the sock drawer each morning.

KittensandKnitting Sun 26-Jun-16 01:03:25

I couldn't do it grin but most of mine are black to be fair. I just couldn't I know this makes me very odd smile

DP does it all the time I think he looks messy

But hey it's part of his charm

donkir Sun 26-Jun-16 01:17:12

I love my odd socks and buy socks that come in odd pairs. My eldest ds (14) also doesn't give two hoots if he has socks that match or that are the correct way around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now