Talk

Advanced search

Am I being lazy??

(10 Posts)
Ethansmum1988 Wed 01-Jun-16 20:24:09

There is a small mountain of ironing piling up (mainly consisting of DS uniform, PE kit, DPS clothes and weekend stuff) the only thing that needed ironing tonight was a pair of jeans (skinny jeans I might add) so I have just used my straighteners to "iron" them..is that really lazy or should I have dragged the ironing board ect out......?

justdontevenfuckingstart Wed 01-Jun-16 20:26:03

I wouldn't have even done that tbh. And go through the pile again, you can probably shift loads that doesn't actually need ironing.

whatsthatnow Wed 01-Jun-16 20:35:03

What's ironing???? Can't remember the last time I ironed something. Definitely not since we moved house over two years ago, don't even know where the iron is kept. My DH on the other hand hmm he does his own clothes if needed. Me and kids don't

Ethansmum1988 Wed 01-Jun-16 20:40:34

Thank you! grin only reason I worry is because he is with our childminder this week, wouldn't want her to think we don't look after him properly, which we do! Just needed some reassurance I wasn't going crazy. Thank you xx

VimFuego101 Wed 01-Jun-16 20:52:39

My son asked why we had a surfboard in our laundry room. Clearly he had never seen me do any ironing as it was actually an ironing board. I wouldn't bother ironing skinny jeans, surely the creases will just stretch out when you put them on?

Anxiousone30 Tue 12-Jul-16 03:31:07

Haha this is my trick! I feel that ironing is a waste of my life. I only iron when absolutely necessary, or if I can, I use straighteners on small children's items!

claraschu Tue 12-Jul-16 03:34:51

I can't get my head around the idea of ironing a pair of small child's skinny jeans. It is just so far from my world.

Your solution sounds perfect though OP, once I accept the idea that this happens in your world...

VinoTime Tue 12-Jul-16 03:42:58

Ironing is a total waste of time. Sorry, but it is. Washing and drying clothes is necessary. Ironing isn't. Yes, clothes look nicer on initially because they're all flat and crease free, but creases soon drop out of clothes while you wear them. The only times I would ever rake out the iron and dust the cobwebs off of it would be to iron a shirt (don't have any for this reason) or iron clothes that we would be wearing to some kind of formal do, if they needed it.

A good shake out before and after drying does the trick in this house, and then they get hung up straight away. A good friend of mine irons everything. And I mean everything - pants, socks, towels. Who does that?! She's feckin' nuts! I'd rather sit on my arse watching Netflix, glass of vino in hand personally grin

ExtraHotLatteToGo Tue 12-Jul-16 04:56:08

I used to iron everything. I still prefer everything ironed, but don't like doing it 😁 I'm a bit weird though, the only thngs I do iron now are pillow cases & tea towels 😁 Duvet covers for the Queen or my Mum coming to stay.

Very very occasionally a shirt or something for a hatch/match/dispatch.

OP it's WAY more likely that your CM thought 'oh shit, I hope she doesn't care if they get covered in mud or paint😖'

Rockelburger Tue 12-Jul-16 05:21:02

Would never have thought to use straighteners. Think that is genius!

I have not ironed anything in the last 10 years, just hang things straight on hangers when wet then put away when dry and fairly crease free.

Husband does ironing of his shirts as and when they get worn - I.e to weddings

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now