Talk

Advanced search

Considering staying a one child family

(5 Posts)
Kangaroosjump Thu 16-Jul-15 11:34:52

I have another post going elsewhere on another topic that ties into this decision

But if it wasn't as a result of something beyond your control, do you worry you'll regret your decision?

AnneOfCleavage Thu 16-Jul-15 12:00:12

Life is too short to regret what you didn't have. My life journey is mapped out by my decisions of what I did do not by my regrets of what I didn't do.

What works for one family may not work for another. Hearing someone really regretting having only one child is not going to help you decide anymore than it will reaffirm your decision to have or not have another.

You make that decision based on your life. Whatever you decide will be the right decision for you.

When faced with big situations (like this), My DH and I make a pro and con list for the for and against elements and it helps. We've done it for:

private v state schools
staying one child family v having another
staying in present house v moving somewhere bigger

etc etc.

If you're unsure, consider thinking again about all the pros and cons in 6mths time and see if anything has changed.

Good luck thanks

Kangaroosjump Thu 16-Jul-15 14:23:19

Thanks

I'm not sure if the fear is stronger about not having one, or having another tbh

Either way, I can't make s decision in fear so I guess 6 months is a decent time to re evaluate things

teabagsmummy Thu 16-Jul-15 17:20:24

I just bought ds a clipboard he's very into science things as well . He got a few kits for his birthday and Christmas last year so after my interview tomorrow we might have a science day

teabagsmummy Thu 16-Jul-15 18:56:57

sorry xpost should of been on tearoom blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now