Ex army and child maintenance

(6 Posts)
LittleBabyLucas Sat 31-Jan-15 12:27:31

Hi all not sure this is the right place to post

My ex is an army vet.

He receives a war pension of £233 a month
Service pension of £899 a month
Esa of £70 a week
Personal independent payment amount unknown.

He has 3 children in total.

I've just received a payment schedule from the cms. Our son is awarded £8.50 a month.

Surely this can't be right?

I've asked for a variation which has been declined. This is now going for review.

Can anyone shed some light on how he can get away with this?

EveDallasRetd Sat 31-Jan-15 12:32:55

Is it British Army?

LittleBabyLucas Sat 31-Jan-15 12:34:15

Yep his battalion was 1 princess of Wales royal regiment

EveDallasRetd Sat 31-Jan-15 12:54:11

I take it he was discharged after injury?

I don't think that ESA can be taken into account by CMS, and possibly not war pension, but his standard military pension should lead to a higher payment than that

(For eg, DHs standard army pension is £700 ish and his payment was assessed at £85.00 a month with a second child taken into account)

There is something very wrong there. Are you sure the CMS had the detail of all his incoming cash?

EveDallasRetd Sat 31-Jan-15 12:56:03

Oh and I think it would probably be worth reporting your thread and asking MNHQ to move to Legal, or even Chat. It's a little out of the way here.

LittleBabyLucas Sat 31-Jan-15 13:26:36

I've got copies of all his paperwork on my laptop as I helped him sort it all out before he left Cms have said they won't take his standard pension into account as he receives benefits he played the army into thinking he had PTSD he doesn't at all I will ask for this to be moved to legal thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now