Talk

Advanced search

Feeling a bit bereft after giving away the baby stuff

(6 Posts)
scarymaclary Fri 08-Jul-11 18:37:45

I am the proud parent of a beautiful only DD. I had a horrendous pregnancy and delivery, but miraculously ended up with a lovely, healthy child. My DH and I have always felt very lucky to have our DD and have pretty much decided that we don't want any more. I don't feel broody in the slightest but have always resisted giving away all the baby gear.Today, I've finally bitten the bullet and given away a lot of stuff to one of my pregnant friends. It has made me feel quite sad - is this normal?

catonlap Fri 08-Jul-11 18:40:25

I think so. I have 3dc and don't want more but as the youngest grows out of the baby stuff I find it hard to part with it.

Beamur Fri 08-Jul-11 18:43:06

Yup, I've hung onto loads of mine and have only just started passing it on/selling stuff. It is sad, it accepting that the baby years are over. My DD is 4 and I've had trouble accepting she will be my only, but it looks like that is going to be the case.

fuckmepinkandCALLmegoran Fri 08-Jul-11 18:47:21

I have 3DC's. DD2 is the youngest she's nearly 10. I still have tons of the baby stuff because I just can't bear to give it away sad

BeerTricksPotter Fri 08-Jul-11 19:05:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

scarymaclary Sun 10-Jul-11 11:00:20

Thanks for all the replies. I'm feeling a lot better today. It will be nice to see a new baby using the stuff instead of it all gathering dust in the loft.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now