Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had a baby at 44 or 45 yrs? What is it like?

(7 Posts)
Hope88 Tue 21-Jun-11 14:24:44

Hi I would like to know what it's like to have a baby at 44 or 45. Was it just too tiring? Did you regret it later? I am thinking about it but am really scared of sleepless nights. It really depressed me at 35 so might just push me too far at 45? Or is it not much diffirence as having a baby is always tiring???
Please tell me your story. Thank you

Hope88 Wed 22-Jun-11 09:43:44

BUmp

CrumblyMumbly Sat 25-Jun-11 23:39:06

I had my baby at 46 - do I qualify? It is tiring and maybe I would have more energy if I was younger - though judging by other messages it's knackering whatever age. Pros and cons at any age - my house is paid for now so I can be a SAHM which I probably couldn't before. I can honestly say I have never been happier - I do have quite a chilled out baby who likes her sleep so that helps.

Go for it smile

Hope88 Tue 28-Jun-11 20:17:04

Bump

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Wed 29-Jun-11 00:37:38

You'll get more answers, I think, if you ask on the older mums/fabulous and 40 threads.

Allison64 Sun 17-Jul-11 16:45:48

My sister had a baby last July, at the age of 47, having tried for about ten years.
The baby is perfect and everyone is delighted for them.
Her concern is not her age now, as she is quite a young 48 year old but more that she is less likely to be around when her baby becomes an adult. As she is unlikely to have any more, she is also worried about her child not having family support later in life.

Ragwort Sun 17-Jul-11 16:51:29

I was 43 - yes, it is exhausting and I am dreading the teenage years sad - sorry, not much help. My friends are becoming grandparents as I will be dealing with a stroppy 14 year old grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now