Talk

Advanced search

No support and need some time off!

(3 Posts)
Kelly28 Sat 08-Jan-11 21:30:39

Im away working outside the country for long periods of time and my wife is struggling to cope with looking after our 3 young children.
Long term I intend to try and not be away as much if possible but where we live she has no family to speak off who can ever give her some time off.
Is their any childcare solution for say a Saturday or a Sunday where someone could come and look after the kids for the day? Ive thought perhaps a childminder or a nanny or something but not sure. We are pretty isolated as my family live overseas and her's are basically as much use as a chocolate teapot.

thanks,
M

UniS Sat 08-Jan-11 22:27:23

Some Childminders will work weekend days. But you have to ask them.
Would some childminder time mid week not be helpfull?

asmallbunchofflowers Sat 08-Jan-11 22:33:37

You can probably find a childminder or nanny willing to help at weekends. Does your wife have any friends locally? Spending a day with another family may make it seem a bit less grim - she'd have adult company and (with any luck) the children would entertain themselves.

You've posted this in one child families. You might get more replies if you also posted in the childminders topic. There would be people there who could help, I'm sure.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: