Talk

Advanced search

Heating on at nursery already - am I wrong to be annoyed?

(9 Posts)
TracyK Fri 12-Aug-05 08:48:00

Its still hot down here - 23 degrees round midday. DH picked ds up yesterday and his hair was plastered to his head he was so hot. Staff mumbled something about 'heating being on timer' to dh.
I dropped him off this morning and it felt as if it was still on.
Surely its not healthy for them to be in such heat? I must admit I have a bit of a bug bear about rooms being too hot and prefer to be cooler and wear a jumper.
Am I mad to complain?

KemalsStilletto Fri 12-Aug-05 08:51:30

nope...I would complain too. How thick to have the heating on in summer weather?!?!

LilacLotus Fri 12-Aug-05 08:54:33

surely if the timer is on they can change it or turn off radiators... it is mad to have the heating on in the summer!

FairyMum Fri 12-Aug-05 08:54:52

I would complain. I think room temp should be between 16-18 degrees. Sounds like it could develop into a sauna and IME children catch colds if it's too hot and stuffy.

Jimjams Fri 12-Aug-05 08:55:13

Wuld check that was actually what was said, but yes if heating is on then complain!

harpsichordcarrier Fri 12-Aug-05 09:34:11

can't they open some windows??

MrsDoolittle Fri 12-Aug-05 09:42:01

I'd be annoyed too Tracy.
At dd's nursery they have the doors open and the stair gates closed across them. I feel this is very healthy, particularly in light of dd's eczema.
Fresh air and 'the outdoors' was very high on my criteria for another nursery

TracyK Fri 12-Aug-05 09:59:16

they spent all day yesterday in the gardens - prob. cos of the heating. Maybe the management don't realise and think that the staff just moan - but if some of the parents complained - they'd do something about it??

spidermama Fri 12-Aug-05 10:18:43

I'd be annoyed. Heating's bad enough for you in winter. Ridiculous to have it on in this heat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now