Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What kind of discount do you get for siblings?

(6 Posts)
Oliviab Sat 30-Jul-05 16:02:05

I've got 2 under 3s and am assuming it's going to cost about £5ph to put them both in a nursery.
Haven't actually got quotes yet but does that sound about right? I'm trying to decide whether it's worth me doing some part time work but I can't see myself earning more than £6-7ph - how do people do it?

HappyMelP Sat 30-Jul-05 17:20:19

Our nursery offers a 10% discount for the second and other siblings attending at the same time. Not sure if others do. Price varies hugely around the country. Our nursery is 29.50 for a full day

tiredemma Sat 30-Jul-05 17:24:56

our nursery is normally £26 per child day, a monthly bill should be £1040 but i get adiscount and pay £900 amonth.

Carla Sat 30-Jul-05 17:29:58

10% for me when dds were at nursery together. What does it say in their contract/bumph? Is that £5 ph each or together? If it's together, sounds v. cheap. Have you asked how much per 1/2 day/day/week for one, and how much more if you have two?

Can't remember how much ours was - it was bloomin' expensive - but I can look it up if it helps.

Oliviab Sun 31-Jul-05 10:40:30

Well that's made up my mind then thanks! How on earth can anybody work with 2 kids below free playschool age?

Toothache Sun 31-Jul-05 11:04:21

OliviaB - My ds is 4 and dd is 1. When I went back to work after dd I was earning £11.50 per hour. That was about £83 before tax. Taking off tax and NI took me to about £65 per day, less travelling expenses of £13.... £52. Childcare was costing me £25 per day for dd at a childminder and £27 per day for Ds at a Nursery. So that meant I was working for £0!!!! I worked 4 days per week and they were only in childcare 2 days per week. Depressing though isn't it!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now