Talk

Advanced search

Mini freshers flu?

(5 Posts)
BratleyBansBaubles Mon 09-Nov-09 12:05:11

Since DS started nursery 3months ago he's been ill more days than he's been well.
Is this normal? Is it just like freshers flu and will be fine once he becomes immune to all the other germ riddled children grin, or should I be worried?

Do they all go through this when they first start nursery?

nurseryvoice Mon 09-Nov-09 15:33:06

My baby has been at nursery for 7 months and was off for the first time last week with conjunctivutus,

They are all different.
Another baby always seems to be off with something.

BratleyBansBaubles Mon 09-Nov-09 15:53:38

Before starting nursery he was quite hardy and only really got ill when he was teething but not anymore! He seems to have everything going!

Feel so sorry for him, currently curled up on the sofa under his 'Bob' blanket with warm milk, coughing and spluttering and sniffing.
Poor little man.

BornToFolk Mon 09-Nov-09 15:58:54

I like the analogy to Freshers' Flu! grin

DS started nursery when he was 1 and constantly had a runny nose, sometimes escalating to mild or more severe colds, for the whole of last winter. But since then, he's only had the odd sniffle. It just takes a while for their immune systems to deal with all those new bugs.

BratleyBansBaubles Mon 09-Nov-09 16:18:21

My sister is a student and all her Uni friends always seem to be ill at the start of the academic year, full of all sorts of germs! I just associated the two! (Some of them have the same maturity levels as DS too!) grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now