Talk

Advanced search

My daughters keyworker said this to me today, would you be upset?

(7 Posts)
mummytowillow Tue 03-Nov-09 22:25:35

My two year old daughter has now been in nursery for two months (2 days a week), it has taken her a long time to settle but we have finally got there. She is an extremely talkative and a sweet, gentle little girl.

All the workers there seem to love her and say what a pleasant child she is. I've met her keyworker who I thought was OK until today? I picked her up and as I went into the room DD was stood next to the KW, KW looked over from other side of room and said 'she's a totally different girl, she hasn't stopped talking' and made a talking gesture with her hands (IYKWIM), she then made a pushing/brushing away motion with her arms as if she had had enough of her and actually said she'd wanted her to go away? shock

Now I can understand it was the end of the day and she'd probably had enough (there are nearly 20 kids in the room), but I'm a bit miffed she was like this in front of me?

I have no other concerns with the nursery and the other ladies are lovely, so am I being a bit precious!! wink Or would you be worried?

losingtheplotthisweek Tue 03-Nov-09 22:46:27

Hmm, I'm not sure. Was it said with a smile? Did your daughter seem upset? I guess if she appeared to be joking and your daughter was not bothered then I would just keep an eye on it.

losingtheplotthisweek Tue 03-Nov-09 22:49:39

Sorry, just read my post and thought it sounded a bit blunt.

I would not be very chuffed if my DC's keyworkers did this, but if my DC's seemed quite happy, then I guess I'd reserve judgement for a while.

Hope things go ok for you both.

TheFallenMadonna Tue 03-Nov-09 22:53:38

I would talk about my own DC like that, and I'm really rather fond of them. I really wouldn't be bothered at what you've described I think.

madwomanintheattic Tue 03-Nov-09 23:05:04

i think it was meant in a light hearted manner. i say the same sort of thing. i'd be pleased that dd was happy and confident in those surroundings.

i would have laughed to be honest, and said 'come on then chatterbox' to her, and said ' i'll take her away so you can get 5 minutes peace' to the keyworker.

cat64 Tue 03-Nov-09 23:23:50

Message withdrawn

brimfull Tue 03-Nov-09 23:30:41

yes agree that it was light hearted

I had my friends dd also 2yrs for the afternoon last week

she and I had a great time and when her mum came to get her I said she hadn't stopped talking all afternoon

Her mum was pleased as it meant she was relaxed and happy with me-and that's what I meant when I said it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now