Talk

Advanced search

will they let my daughter take her stuffed toy?

(7 Posts)
SevernTrentWater Wed 28-Oct-09 12:15:48

I'm sending my daughter to nursery at 4 months, i haven't found a nursery yet, but i'm wondering if they'll let her take a teddy bear/stuffed toy with her as she's so little i'd just like her to have something familiar that smells and looks like home.

Bramshott Wed 28-Oct-09 12:17:43

Yes, absolutely! Most nurseries discourage too much bringing in of stuff from home because of the potential for loss, but IME all will make an exception for a special toy / comforter which is a great way for your DD to feel secure in a strange environment.

BornToFolk Wed 28-Oct-09 12:21:00

DS takes his special teddy to nursery. He comes out for naptime, then goes back into his bag - he's older than your DD though, I'm sure they'd let her have it all the time.

Pinkjenny Wed 28-Oct-09 12:25:37

Dd takes all manner of crap toys with her. Once she settles, the nursery staff just keep them to one side until the end of the day. Trust me, you'll let her take the kitchen sink with her if it gets you out of the house on time in the morning grin

vbusymum1 Wed 28-Oct-09 13:17:45

They did at my DCs nursery but do be careful to make sure you remember to pick it up at the end of the day unless you're near enough to make a dash back hoping that someone will still be there after hours. Yes, I speak from experience smile

MrsBadger Wed 28-Oct-09 13:40:55

yes certainly - and, as Pinkjenny says, a blankie, a rabbit, a pair of plastic dolphins

sew nametapes on everything and keep a spare at home in case you leave it there by mistake (DH!)

purepurple Wed 28-Oct-09 14:22:41

Yes, children need their comfort items at nursery more than at home.
I do draw the line at a bag packed with 17 trains and a bouncy ball though. [grr, some parents!]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now