Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know anything about the single funding formula - & will it really be disasterous for schools, difficult for nurseries & fab for childminders?

(6 Posts)
Katymac Thu 01-Oct-09 22:09:35

It's about EYE funding & it seems to be great for me

How is it looking for everyone else?

Katymac Fri 02-Oct-09 09:45:28

Bump

atworknotworking Fri 02-Oct-09 14:11:30

Hi they are chaning the funding formula so that state maintained settings are getting less now and are being paid on attendance basis rather than full capacity as they were before. Private providers are getting a slightly higher rate than maintained settings now as well, I think a lot of maintained places are going to struggle when it comes into place as the excess money could be used in other ways apart from just staff costs.

Also I imagine that many of the schools attached nurseries will find things very difficult when the 2yo places start, as 2 yr olds are different ratios, need naps, toilet training, nappy changes etc, I simply feel that they are not geared up to handle the difference in care needed, as well as the issue of how they will cope with the additional children, many are full already with the 3-4 group so will be doubling up literally.

I have some info if you want me to post it KatyMac from a meeting I went to a couple of weeks ago, not on computer, but is quite informative, they are also introducing a deprevation element which is an extra payment on a sliding scale.

Katymac Fri 02-Oct-09 14:44:37

I would be very interested as it might impact on whether I restart the nursery idea I had plus it will affect the funded places I offer currently (which I lose a lot of money on)

atworknotworking Fri 02-Oct-09 15:12:07

Will try to scan and send, think Nursery route is way forward for me with this one as our authority isnt accredited for cm's so from next sept I'm going to be very very quiet sad

Katymac Fri 02-Oct-09 20:53:21

Thanks - I'd appreciate that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now