Talk

Advanced search

Good nursery in South Manchester or Altrincham area

(9 Posts)
decisiontime Sun 27-Sep-09 21:55:52

Dear mums

I've got 2 year 7 months old son. Currently he is part-time in Holyrood nursery in Brooklands. I am very unhappy about it and I did have complaints before, not taken on board. Couple of days ago came across their Ofsted report which confirmed my worries as they have been awarded four "4" marks just 2 months ago. Unfortunately I did not have insight before as they are the new nursery so no previous Ofsted report.
To cut it short, I am urgently looking for new nursery. I have read a lots of Ofsted reports, visited one of them but intend to see more. As I am working mum I haven't got great time to look around and I would appreciated word of mouth above all. Please any suggestions and comments are wellcome.

Cancerian Tue 06-Oct-09 09:57:28

Not sure if she has any spaces but Mrs Roberts class in Broadheath is very good. My daughter went there. It is a Montessori school which she runs from her home, but she is an excellent teacher and is also French and teaches French to the children also. If you are interested then write back and I will give you more dets. I think she was advertising in Little Tigers magazine. They give the children home cooked food and she offers part time or full time hours. She is has not been open that long but she has 20 + years experience of teaching. I know she got excellent in the ofsted report for education and that was her very first assessment.

decisiontime Thu 08-Oct-09 07:36:04

Hi Cancerian

Thanks for your reply. I am also very interested in Montessori method of teaching and was cosidering one of the nurseries in Wilmslow (Chapel Grange Montessori) although it is bit far for me. Ms Roberts sounds very interesting...Is she a childminder or does she have a nursery? I would love to have her details. Many thanks for your help.

Nicocacola Mon 12-Oct-09 17:23:12

Have you had a look at Kids Allowed? I know they are really busy so not sure about places, but they are excellent. There's one in Knutsford, one in Cheadle and one in Didsbury at Christie Fields.

Cancerian Thu 22-Oct-09 23:14:40

Mrs Roberts runs a Montessori pre-school in Broadheath. She is not a child-minder. Sorry I don't log on here much so sorry for the slow response. Are you still interested? as I will need to get her telephone number.

Hayley1985 Mon 26-Sep-11 19:24:49

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

bigfatgypsy Wed 28-Sep-11 22:59:15

My son used to attend the Altrincham Holyrood nursery and I couldn't praise it enough. Is it worth transferring there? It's a small, homely nursery with some lovely lovely staff. Not sure what your issues are though, and it's obviously the same nursery group so you may not be interested.

I never had any problems though, and ds loved every minute there.

inmysparetime Thu 29-Sep-11 08:10:20

Try Copper Beeches in Sale, it's high quality, staff are brilliant and highly qualified, they've just renovated the whole building. There is a waiting list though, unless you want certain days.

Childcare325 Fri 30-Sep-11 11:50:12

Have you tried Look4Nurseries. They will help you search for a nursery in you required area. Try this Nurseries in Altrincham or Nurseries in Manchester

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now