Talk

Advanced search

What do you think?..Kidsunlimited......

(7 Posts)
Antoinette Sat 04-Jun-05 08:36:40

I am going to visit a kidsunlimited nursery ( branch in west london) and just wondered if anybody had any thoughts, experiences or opinions about this chain of nurseries. My daugter is nearly 10 months and I want her to go when she is one? Is this an ok age to start nursery??

Cheers :-)

Rarrie Sat 04-Jun-05 12:13:52

To be honest, I think its a good age. My DD started then and she settled well. Some friends sent their babies later and have had lots more trouble - as they more about what is going on!

I was looking at KU nursery, and they seemed good (Not london though) but the buildings were not up to much.

I personally felt as though my local branch would be a great nursery for putting your child in part time - lots of new experiences, I liked the emphasis on doing things - and indeed although we ended up choosing a different nursery, that is what she likes best about nursery - all the stuff she does there!

What stopped me from using it, was that she would not have her own cot, and at my particular nursery, it did seem rather cramped.

Otherwise, I quite liked it!

csa Thu 09-Jun-05 20:17:46

ds1 is at a kidsunlimited nursery in cambridge and we are really happy with them. they are not perfect but then, they are only human. the important thing we found is that the carers really do like the children and any issues we have highlighted to the manager is taken seriously. don't know if this differs from branch to branch....?

Antoinette Thu 09-Jun-05 20:27:46

How much do you pay for the branch in cambridge? I live in west london and the fees are £310 per month for full time!! I have never heard of any nursery so expensive EVER!! DD will only be going 2 or 3 days but i still think it is really dear!

Antoinette Thu 09-Jun-05 20:28:05

PER WEEK I MEAN!!

csa Thu 09-Jun-05 20:43:39

yes, i thought £310 per month was rather cheap
we pay about £750 per month full time.

mancmum Thu 09-Jun-05 20:55:29

my ds went to KU in manchester for about 9 months part time and I was very happy with it -- staff were fab but I did not like building or decor - felt it was aimed at parents rather than kids... ie all red and lilac and silver.. very changing rooms... but DS loved it and was developing very well there academically...

we only took him out cos he got free place at local nursery... and he nose dived on academic stuff...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now