Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DD last day at nursery tomorrow. Should I "do" anything

(7 Posts)
twofalls Tue 01-Sep-09 20:26:48

She only goes for 1 day a week and is leaving to start pre-school. I haven't got anything for her to take for the children or the staff. Should I? Am so busy with work at the moment and feeling so ill from being pg I have only just thought about it. blush

What do people normally do?

Aranea Tue 01-Sep-09 20:28:16

My dd just left her nursery after 2 years. She did 3 half-days a week. I gave a case of wine to the staff and baked fairy cakes for the children so dd could have a special goodbye tea.

If I were you I would pick up a cake on the way in so she can celebrate.

twofalls Tue 01-Sep-09 20:37:25

That's a good idea. Perhaps I will buy a cake for DD to take in and some nice chocolates for the staff (half of them are so young they probably only drink alcopops!)

Aranea Tue 01-Sep-09 20:42:30

That sounds perfect. I hope she has a nice last day and they give her a proper farewell.

twofalls Tue 01-Sep-09 21:06:28

Thank you. She is just excited about starting "school" but I feel quite sad about it.

atworknotworking Tue 01-Sep-09 21:38:50

Watch out for the taking cakes in to nursery a lot of nurserys have a policy on off the premises food.

Theres no fun anymore sad

I used to love it when the dc's brought a birthday cake in, shows so much thought for the other children (staff like a bit too obv)

twofalls Wed 02-Sep-09 08:01:10

Thanks for the warning. The amount of times DD has come home saying she has had cake for someone's birthday I don't think think they are that strict about it at our nursery! They are quite sensible about most things smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now