Talk

Advanced search

Good nursery in Maidstone, Kent- any advice?

(7 Posts)
kirstykoo Tue 25-Aug-09 07:56:50

Hi
My husband and I are due to relocate and both start new jobs next month in London and Kent (we live in Birmingham at the moment.)
We're thinking of living in Sevenoaks, but I'll be working in Maidstone, so need a good nursery for our son 16 months.
I know there are Ofsted's reports which I've started looking at, but there's nothing stronger than word of mouth.
Thanks to the others for the help on other postings about where to live. With one car, we need to be close to train station- which is limiting our options. (Plus hubby only wants half hour train commute.)
Thanks everyone- pretty fraught at the moment
Kx

BonsoirAnna Tue 25-Aug-09 08:11:09

If you are going to live in Sevenoaks (which is lovely, much lovelier than Maidstone) why don't you look for a CM or nursery near home?

gingernutlover Tue 25-Aug-09 16:53:33

i know for a fact that the private day nurseries in maidstone are cheaper than the ones in sevenoaks

tunbridge wells also nice - since I live there! - and has train stations. We pay £48 a day for nursery.

BonsoirAnna Tue 25-Aug-09 16:54:45

Nurseries aren't the only thing that are cheaper in Maidstone than Sevenoaks smile

gingernutlover Tue 25-Aug-09 20:02:07

what does that mean?

I assume houses? Or am I missing the point?

BonsoirAnna Wed 26-Aug-09 07:42:13

Houses, the type of shops on offer, a coffee in town... Maidstone is a much cheaper place to operate within than Sevenoaks, which is a very affluent town indeed.

gingernutlover Wed 26-Aug-09 09:11:12

oh, i see, yes I think you are probably right

Fremlin walk car park is evil though with its charging structure. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now