Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Nursery has gone into administration and is being evicted from their premises

(7 Posts)
cappy1 Wed 19-Aug-09 22:45:07

We have just found out that our son's nursery has is in debt and is being asked to leave their premises in two weeks time. The management has always left much to be desired but I did not think it was a bad as it has turned out to be. The carers are very good with children and the management/carers always respond well to any issues that the parents raise. There is apparently an issue between the management of the company, the board of trustees who I think also run the premises. There is a relatively organised group of parents that are gathering information and have arranged a meeting. Does anyone have any experience of this?

FiveGoMadInDorset Wed 19-Aug-09 22:48:26

Just be lucky you got notice, our local one, the parents turned up in the morning as normal to find it closed, no notice or nothing.

Also happened to friends, they and another family got together for a temp nanny share.

stealthsquiggle Wed 19-Aug-09 22:51:09

DS's old nursery shut down weeks after he left (because we moved house). TBH the management doesn't have to be all that bad - it's a very hard business to make any money in.

Good luck with meetings etc, but TBH I would focus on finding somewhere else before other parents take all the available places sad

FiveGoMadInDorset Wed 19-Aug-09 22:52:02

As with Stealth, get him in somehwere else ASAP.

TheDailyMailHatesWomenAndLemon Wed 19-Aug-09 23:27:10

As an alternative, if you can afford it and need full-time or nearly full-time childcare, the carers who will probably be losing their jobs might respond well to being offered nannying jobs. I know that happened when a nursery near us closed under similar circumstances -- several of the parents hired the staff as nannies.

atworknotworking Thu 20-Aug-09 06:45:26

shock

I agree you need to try and find somewhere else asap, childcare places are pretty thin on the ground in some places, good idea about trying to get one of the current staff to nanny for you then at least your DS will have a familiar face, could you do a nanny share with another parent maybe?

What area are you in? cappy1

cappy1 Fri 21-Aug-09 11:01:54

thanks for the advice

Will be working on getting him in somewhere else - feel pretty angry with the nursery management!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now