Advanced search


(8 Posts)
Mandymoo Fri 27-May-05 20:24:11

DD been at nursery for over a year now and I work 16 hours a week. Was told by a friend today that I could get half the nursery fees paid as I was working 16 hours or more a week. Is this right? DH works too and we have never really looked into whether we were entitled to any help as we just assumed that when dd turned 3 that we would get the vouchers then.

Just thought it was worth finding out as every little bit helps.

Anyway, will await your replies!! XX

coppertop Fri 27-May-05 20:57:26

It sounds as though they were referring to the childcare help that you can get with tax credits. If you are eligible to claim tax credits then it's worth looking into. I think you need a joint income of less than £50,000ish. Sorry I can't remember the exact figure.

Rarrie Sat 28-May-05 12:41:10

Yes, if you both work more than 16 hours a week, and have a total joint income of less than 52k, then you are able to apply for (and hopefully get!) IR support from child tax benefits - which can be up to 75% of nursery costs.

honeypot01 Sat 28-May-05 14:06:14

i thought max income was £30K

NannyL Sun 29-May-05 09:43:48

I also thought it was round the £50kish mark

Fran1 Sun 29-May-05 09:50:46

I think honeypot may be right, cos i am not eligible and we earn under £50000

Rarrie Mon 30-May-05 22:21:01

We earn more than 3oK and we get it!

KatieMac Mon 30-May-05 22:23:59

I think the number of children you have also affects whether you get it.....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: