Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DS has been bitten again at nursery today

(5 Posts)
Flo23 Fri 31-Jul-09 14:09:35

Feel I need a perspective other than my own. This is the 3rd time he has been bitten(I think by the same child). They aren't just little nips, but big bites with clear teeth marks and bruising. The bruising was still evident almost a week after the last time he was bitten. Todays looks like it will be the same.

The nursery assure me they are dealing with it, but I want to phone the manager and let her know how unhappy I am. I know its very common for small children to bite, and it could just as easily be mine who was the biter.

Basically, dont want to be overreacting to this, but want to try and make sure that it doesn't happen again. Am preg with DC3, so tired and emotional but also feeling really bad for the poor little fella!(he's 20 months)He'd also had a fall today, and had bashed half his face on the ground, so was looking quite pitiful by the time I picked him up..

Previous experiences please!

NigellaTufnel Fri 31-Jul-09 14:12:28

Call the manager tell them how perturbed you are about this, and ask for details (they won't give you the child's name of course, but find out if they do this to anyone else, or just your ds. If it is just your ds insist that they are kept apart and the biter is monitorred).

It can't make it any worse.

pasturesnew Fri 31-Jul-09 14:13:48

I think that a lot of kids go through a biting phase at that sort of age but that doesn't mean you have to put up with it.

At DS' nursery he had some problems with rough play at 2 years when he had just moved up a class(he had lots of knocks and accidents) and so we asked for him to be moved to another smaller room in the same age group, that sorted it. Is your nursery big enough to move him up or down or sideways to another class?

Flo23 Fri 31-Jul-09 14:19:40

Nursery only has the one toddler room. Am going to go and call the manager and see what she says. Am not feeling confrontational about it, just want to let her know how I feel and be reassured they are trying to sort it.

Thanks

hf128219 Fri 31-Jul-09 14:21:01

Well my dd went through a biting stage - and now it's her getting bitten!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now