Talk

Advanced search

Nurseries Raynes Park/West Wimbledon

(11 Posts)
summermummy Mon 23-May-05 14:21:46

I'm new to mumsnet so firstly I hope I manage to post my first message successfully!

I'm expecting my first baby soon and will be looking for a nursery place to begin Jan-Mar 06. Does anyone have any advice re individual nurseries in the West Wimbledon/Raynes Park area. I don't know anyone with children in the area and would be great to have some hear any recommendations etc.

Also, am I early/late to be looking at nursery places for early next year and do you normally have to confirm a start date as soon as you decide or do nurseries tend to be a bit flexible ?

Thanks everyone!

Pamina3 Tue 24-May-05 16:49:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

summermummy Tue 24-May-05 18:02:23

Thanks for the welcome and advice Pamina3. Its such a huge decision so I think we'll see as many as poss as you suggested. I was quite blase about sending the baby to nursery when I first found out I was pregnant but now its due in a couple of weeks the idea of leaving this little baby girl/boy I don't even know yet is already tugging at my heart strings! Oh well I'll have to toughen up.

I received a brochure from Teddies in Raynes Park this morning as well...has anyone heard anything positive/negative about it ?

Pamina3 Wed 25-May-05 09:22:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cristina7 Tue 31-May-05 21:20:27

Hi Summermummy. I live in Wimbledon and had my DS (now 5) at Playdays on Queens Rd, near W'don station. I've just sent the registration form for DD at Oak Tree near St Mary's church in Wimbledon. She's 3 months old now.

I don't know of nurseries in your area but wanted to suggest you follow the Wimbledon thread in the Meet-Up section if you'd like to meet other local mums.

Cristina

Pinetreeland Mon 12-Sep-11 09:56:00

Hi,

I am looking at Nurseries in Raynes park for my baby to start next year (he will be 18 months then) - anyone knows which one is meant to be good? They all sound the same on their website and I have only visited one. Any recommendations? I don't even know what I am meant to look out for so any tips will be welcomed.

leannac Tue 20-Sep-11 20:59:47

I visited all the nurseries in Raynes Park when I was pregnant and my daughter is now 5 months old so I know how you feel. Trying to decide upon a nursery before you know your baby is hard. I didn't like the David Lloyd nursery and didn't like Teddies, but loved Dees nursery. The first two were a bit regimented for me and when I went to visit nobody was actually playing with any of the children aside from at Dees.

I was told by all nurseries that I needed to put baby's name down before actually having the baby or else I wouldn't be able to get a place, but I wasn't ready to do this so didn't bother. I've now found a brilliant, brilliant childminder in Raynes Park who is going to look after my daughter when I go back to work in January, but also recommended Dees to an NCT friend who went there last week and got her son booked in for 3 days a week with only 3 months notice....... I think they're not as busy as they tell you they are!

Pinetreeland Fri 25-Nov-11 16:46:53

Many thanks I'll check that one out! Two months on I have still done nothing about it sad

CherylMN Thu 09-Feb-12 20:14:50

Hi - Anybody have any idea about what the fees are for each of the nurseries? Without contacting them direct I can only find the fees for Dicky birds online. Just tyring to figure out whether its worth going back to work! :-)

ElenaHandbasket Sun 20-May-12 23:23:33

This is a really useful thread, although a bit dated now. I'm possibly moving to Raynes Park this year, so would be great to hear if there are any other nurseries worth having a look at? Not impressed by the Ofsted reports of any of them, but not sure how much faith to put in them.

Cillatastic Fri 12-Oct-12 10:42:00

I've just moved to raynes park and have registered my son in the one at the David lloyd centre. I was concerned about their ofsted report but they have asked to be reassessed as they have a new manager. The facilities are nice and bright and large and the outside space is good. My son was previously at dicky birds in queens road and although I was very happy with the care there were quite a lot of babies packed into a small space. It's so difficult leaving your little one with people you don't know, I just hope this nursery lives up to my faith in it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now