Talk

Advanced search

Potty training at Nursery

(4 Posts)
sallycinnamon Mon 23-May-05 13:12:39

I started to potty train DD aged 2.3 about 10 days ago. She's doing ok at the weekends and the days I don't work. I suppose because she has my attention all day and the potty close at hand. At Nursery last week they said to put her in pants and provide lots of changes of clothes- they felt that pull ups were too much like nappies which I do see their point on. They would take her to the potty every 15 mins. Things didn't go well- in 3 days she managed to do 1 poo and 1 wee on the potty, the rest in her big girls pants which she was very upset about. Not sure where to go from here. I'd really appreciate knowing how other people's nurseries deal with potty training.

littlerach Mon 23-May-05 13:17:09

It sounds very much like the one I worked in, they never recommended pull ups.
No real advice, maybe she isn't quite reday to do it in a different environment?

lima Mon 23-May-05 13:18:47

my nursery recommended no pull-ups, lots of changes of clothes and washable shoes

dinny Mon 23-May-05 20:08:59

My nursery were really good - they thought dd was ready to train and said to just put her in pants with plenty of spare clothes. She was doing well by the second day. Maybe suggest your dd has a break and starts again in a few weeks? Especially if she is getting upset.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: