Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

last day gifts

(5 Posts)
purlease Tue 28-Jul-09 16:39:41

DD finishing at nursery on Friday after being there 2 years. Any suggestions for leaving gifts. They have been great, beyond what job requires.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 28-Jul-09 20:58:03

I bought the staff a magazine subscription for a year, then a small toy for each "room" (ie different age group of kids)

sockonmyhead Tue 28-Jul-09 21:03:59

We brought plain mugs and DS decorated one each for his teachers when he left Pre-School. I think they were quite pleased to get something actually from him.

cookielove Tue 28-Jul-09 21:10:10

We like things that looks like you make an effort, not just a bottle of wine, especially since some of is don't drink.

Parents have given me jewellery, home made soaps, mugs, and many other things, it's nice to know we are appreciated.

And unless you bought things when your child left a room, a would also buy them something.

Parents have donated money to the nursery, which we bought toys with and someone bought a coffee machine that no one uses.

Does any of that help

purlease Tue 28-Jul-09 22:18:53

That's great. Particulary good to hear from someone actually working in a nursery. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now