Talk

Advanced search

PARENTS EVENING AT NURSERY!

(11 Posts)
lilybird Wed 18-May-05 15:19:17

we have a parents evening at dd's nursery on monday evening, am just interested if anyone has attended one, just intrigued what is discussed at them dd is 2yo!

DillyDally Wed 18-May-05 15:20:29

I have my first one tonight (DD is 22mths) so will watch the thread with baited breath

grumpyfrumpy Wed 18-May-05 15:29:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kmumed Wed 18-May-05 15:29:58

DD is 21/2 and I have been to two of these already! - just an excuse for you to meet all the staff, other parents, see what they all get up to during the day - and of course have a drink. We also have wee scrap books of artwork and photos covering every 6mths or so.
I found the first one rather daunting I must admit, but then realised it wasn't a test, but a chance to talk to the staff and particularly other parents who you likely pass in the corridor or hold the door open for as they struggle with buggies and children.
Enjoy!

lilybird Wed 18-May-05 15:32:07

did you take dd with you?

kmumed Wed 18-May-05 15:41:10

No we didn't - the first one we went to we had MIL staying so she sorted bed time - some parents did have little ones with them tho.
Last time I went on my own while dh sorted bedtime.
Timing was 6-8pm and we had a slot for talking to key worker - you could change this during the week beforehand or just turn up at the end.
I also found it a good time to have a nosey round the next room that DD was shortly moving into without children in it, or DD for that matter wanting to get home!

tammybear Wed 18-May-05 15:44:07

ive got my dd's next wednesday, shes 2.4. Im not allowed to take dd with me, and is suppose to be just a 10mins chat. Quite looking forward to it now

EmilyD Wed 18-May-05 16:19:55

Our parents evenings at nursery tend to be to talk about general issues, whats been happening, organising events, discuss issues of concern - food quality etc.

bigdonna Wed 18-May-05 21:21:52

my dd and ds parents evenings at nursery were to tell us all the things she could do ie peddle bike climb ladder without falling .about counting and what letters she knew.these were at age 3.they also have targets for next parents evening so you can see how much they have improved they also talk about social skills and sharing.these we shared with our dd and ds as they were invited appointments from 3.20 until 7.30pm.

MrsDoolittle Wed 18-May-05 21:28:16

Dd is 13 months and we went to our first two weeks ago. We had cheese and wine and looked at her splodges er no...ahem work.

Hulababy Wed 18-May-05 21:37:27

We had one tonight too. But it was not an indivdual child discusssion, just a genral nursery issues meeting. They are starting child progress evenings this year though, 2 a year I think they are planning on.

It was good tonight to meet other parents, and chat about things about the nursery, and bounce ideas around together.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: