Talk

Advanced search

A nusery closing half day question...

(4 Posts)
evaangel2 Sun 05-Jul-09 17:01:23

Ok here goes
my ds attends a nusery half a week, one of these days being a friday, anyhow a month ago, all parents whose child attended the nusery on a friday were given a letter that they were to close at 1.00pm on a friday in August and the reasons were because the manager is getting married the following day and all the staff will be travelling down the day before so obvuiosly to stay over the for eve of her wedding, the closing of the nusery is not the issue...I have asked another member of staff whether we are expected to pay for our children not being there for the afternoon and I have not had or getting a straight answer.

Any advice would be appreciated, in my circumstances, this afternoon is causing me alot of inconvenience as I will have to finish work pick ds up at 1.00pm then pay someone else to care for him that afternoon and I will not be happy to pay someone twice iyswim..we pay for public holidays, when our child is sick or sent home and a week the staff have off in between xmas and new year...thanks for reading

hana Sun 05-Jul-09 17:08:51

of course you shouldn't have to pay.
speak again the the manager

BarbaraWoodlouse Sun 05-Jul-09 17:10:54

Agree, you should definitely not have to pay. TBH I would phrase it as "I assume we won't be charged" rather than "will I be charged?". Would be amazed if the other parents weren't in agreement.

bigchris Sun 05-Jul-09 17:14:43

oh yes you definitely shouldnt have to pay
is the nursery a chain? if so the manager might not have tge authority to say you all dont have to pay

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now