Talk

Advanced search

Why have children ? If they end up an nurseries.

(99 Posts)
Wisewoman56 Mon 22-Jun-09 09:36:36

I was an older mum and did try child minders and nurseries as I wanted to go back to college to boost my career.

Then I got a good dose of commons sense, and gave up college to stay at home with our beautiful son. I have since then done all the college I needed knowing that he didn't suffer.

We really needed me to go to work but we managed, we didn't need expensive holidays abroad or all the gizmo's and gadgets or bigger homes just to keep up with the Joneses, which lets face is mostly why women go back to work these days. I acknowledge the real need for some Mums to go to work just to be able to eat. Otherwise don't have kids if you don't want to spend time with them.

Is it any wonder that kids are running riot these days, if you can't afford to stay home you can't afford to have children, this also goes for the I must work or I will get bored brigade, bringing up a child can be infuriating at the worst but most wonderful at it's best. Once again why have them if you just can't be bothered, bored! They are more fun than traffic jam's rushing everywhere and being stuck in a boring office all day thats for sure.

We have a well adjusted, polite, and wonderful 22 year old son now, and I thank God that I had this wonderful opportunity to watch him grow and enjoy the world.

Something else we taught him was manners, which seems to be something that is lacking in today's society, and he doesn't swear at home his Dad and I don't so we don't accept it in our home, he probably does when he is with his friends, but if they come to our house they too are not allowed to use bad language.

posieparker Mon 22-Jun-09 09:37:50

Is this a joke?

posieparker Mon 22-Jun-09 09:38:23

Did you say your son was 22 or 72?

mascaraohara Mon 22-Jun-09 09:38:27

Oh my god. this place is full of nutters this morning.

I'm starting to rememebr why I come on here less and less these days

becstarlitsea Mon 22-Jun-09 09:38:46

Crikey O Reilly. I do hope that you're joking.

hullygully Mon 22-Jun-09 09:39:09

hohoho.

how can you even be bothered to type that?

NorthernLurker Mon 22-Jun-09 09:39:23

Yawn!

hullygully Mon 22-Jun-09 09:39:32

Mumsnet used to be fun (sob)

GooseyLoosey Mon 22-Jun-09 09:40:16

I was going to draft a long reasoned response setting out why I disagree with what you have posted but I'm not really sure that that is what you were looking for. Suffice it to say we are all different and what worked for you is not what is right for others.

charlotteolivia Mon 22-Jun-09 09:40:36

so your kid not being at nursery = not swearing + manners??

get a grip... nursery is a few years, whereas the majority of children go to school and THAT is where they are more likely to learn to swear...what has nursery got to do with it?

Go and do some revision...

katz Mon 22-Jun-09 09:40:46

which newspaper will this morph into an article in then?

becstarlitsea Mon 22-Jun-09 09:40:59

And you might want to rethink your username?

hullygully Mon 22-Jun-09 09:41:01

how can you be bothered to answer?

juuule Mon 22-Jun-09 09:41:01

hmm

stubbyfingers Mon 22-Jun-09 09:41:03

trot off back to the Daily Mail.

What's going on round here this morning?

CantSleepWontSleep Mon 22-Jun-09 09:41:30

<fetches popcorn>

ComeOVeneer Mon 22-Jun-09 09:43:13

You posting name is rather presumptious hmm

Lulumama Mon 22-Jun-09 09:47:37

the vast majority of families need two parents in emoployment to keep a roof over their heads, petrol in the car/tube fares in their pockets, food on their tables and clothes on their backs

you are clearly incredibly ignorant of the reality for most families

and smug

which is not pleasant

not everyone has the luxury of being at home with their children ,and NEWSFLASH ! some women want to go back to work when they have children

but on the whole, most people need to work

i hope your son has a slightly more rounded view of the world than you

ilovesprouts Mon 22-Jun-09 09:47:52

hmm

posieparker Mon 22-Jun-09 09:48:41

Can I add that I feel very sorry for you DIL or anyone that ends up with your wonderful son.

Lulumama Mon 22-Jun-09 09:50:01

wisewoman56, i don;t think wise people are so assured that their way is the only and right way to live

being wise means a greater understanding of the world than your OP shows

MakemineaGandT Mon 22-Jun-09 09:50:56

Oh gawd. How very dull.

PS Shame they didn't teach you how to use apostrophes correctly at college.....perhaps you should have gone a bit more often grin

stealthsquiggle Mon 22-Jun-09 09:53:42

Oh FGS. I work. My mother worked. My Grandmother worked. It's nothing new.

TitsalinaBumsquash Mon 22-Jun-09 09:54:11

Wow, look everyone, a modern day Supermum. hmm

Yawn.

giantkatestacks Mon 22-Jun-09 09:54:36

What is it with people and numbers after their names - why do they bother? Surely they would rather be sat outside in the sun than fannying around on here?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now