Talk

Advanced search

Present for lovely staff

(9 Posts)
Chrysanthemum5 Fri 19-Jun-09 10:50:19

DC1 had a graduation ceremony at nursery yesterday, and the staff had put the most incredible amount of effort in to the day. They made programmes for the parents to keep; one of the staff wrote a poem about how proud they were of the children; they got the singing teacher to come in to lead the children singing their favourite songs; hired a magician; and put on a lovely graduation meal and gave the children presents and a folder with special momentos in it! The day was lovely, even for cynical me who originally thought it was daft to have a graduation ceremony for 4 year olds!

Anyway, I'd like to get them something to say thank you, but they receive a lot of chocolates etc. so thought of getting something else. Any ideas? Most of the organising was done by one staff member, but all the staff were involved in the day.

Any ideas welcome,
Donna x

mumblecrumble Sat 20-Jun-09 06:41:23

Last xmas after they had put similar effort into xmas show we asked if they were going for a satff night out. We put money [£10 I think] into a card and gave them a drink on us. They liked it.... but don;t know if you wuld want to do that.

Happy graduation!

I read on another thread that wine goes down well! Its what I am planning on doing when DS moves up a room.

purepurple Sat 20-Jun-09 07:22:52

I am in the process of planning a graduation ceremony for our pre-schoolers for a couple of weeks time.
I hope the parents don't think I am doing it for the presents grin
But, while we are on the subject of presents, here are my thoughts.
At the risk of sounding ungrateful (which I am not)
My least favoutite is a box of chocs/biscuits to share between us.
I love receiving individual presents with a personal card or a note. I once got a homemade card with a picture of the child in his new school uniform. I still have it nearly ten years later.

And yes, wine does go down very well!

purepurple - is it better to ask (quietly) if anyone is teetotal or just take a case in?

purepurple Sat 20-Jun-09 07:49:35

IME, those that don't drink often pass on the wine to relatives that do.
It might be a good idea to have a quiet word with the manager to ask if anyone is teetotal. You might have to rethink if they are.
Blimey, a case! You were impressed grin

angrypixie Sat 20-Jun-09 08:01:34

I'm a teacher and always really appreciate the hand written letters which suggest that I made a real difference to their child, but this may not be so easy with a large staff all of whom have contributed.

Well not a case each! You know I have read so many horror stories on here about nurseries that I am just thankful that I have one that I am entirely confident in the staffs ability to look after my and care for my son.

Chrysanthemum5 Tue 23-Jun-09 09:19:05

Hi
Thanks for all the advice. I decided on a card for all the staff, and an e-mail to their boss in which I said why the day had been so lovely and passed on some comments that our familes had made. Then I bought a big bunch of flowers for the staff memebr who had done most of the organising. It seemed to go down pretty well.
Donna x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now