Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Move to new nursery??

(4 Posts)
toddlersmum Thu 14-Apr-05 23:10:40

Hi, I'm new to Mumsnet but hope someone can help. My 3 year old son attends a community nursery at the moment (3 full days a week). He's been there since he was 1 and is happy.

He's got a free part-time place at a local nursery which is part of a school (starting September). I feel a bit reluctant to change his routine now and settle him into a new nursery, and am thinking it might be better to start there when he has a full time place the year after, when he reaches 4. On the other hand, I don't want him to start when he's 4 and be the only one in the class who doesn't know anyone. Do most parents send their children to part-time nursery when they're 3, or do some wait until the full time place in available at 4 years?

Frizbe Thu 14-Apr-05 23:15:44

don't know but bump!

Blu Thu 14-Apr-05 23:17:06

Hi Toddlersmum - welcome to MN
If he's happy, I'd leave him where he is. Especially if he would need to be taken from the school nursery to the community nursery in order to give you the work cover you need.
I am sure that there will be other new children at 4, children make and re-make freinds very quickly, and being that bit older, he will be very confident settling into his new school at 4.

toddlersmum Thu 14-Apr-05 23:28:24

That's great Blu, thanks. I can't believe the quick response....!

I guess you're right

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now