Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

is this a good or bad idea?

(6 Posts)
misdee Wed 13-Apr-05 13:59:10

i want dd2 to go to a local nursery, mainly as she used to go for one session a weekin our old town and she loved it, and also to add some stability in her life.

but only want 2 morning sessions. the nursery has said that mornign sessions on their own dont come up very often, but the afternoon session run too late for me really (2-6, the kids eat tea at 5pm at home and we start bedtime routine at 6). i can afford to put her for 2 full days for a short period which would mean she'd get a place almost instantly. and then could change the hours after sept. would you do it?

Gwenick Wed 13-Apr-05 14:00:14

Personally I'd go for it, I know it's longer than you 'want' at the moment, but as you said the stability will probably be really good for her.

mummytosteven Wed 13-Apr-05 14:01:02

yeah, i'ld go for it. i reckon tho that if she gets settled and enjoys the 2 days per week, you'll probably end up sticking with that after September tho.

misdee Wed 13-Apr-05 14:02:00

our 'income' has just increased, so i know we can afford it, but it'll still be nearly 60quid for the 2 full days. part of me things go for it, but it seems like such a lot of money. after sept she may get a place at a pre-school tho, which is free.

Gwenick Wed 13-Apr-05 14:02:37

True it's a lot of money - but those 2 days will probably do her the world of good.

sparklymieow Wed 13-Apr-05 21:44:59

when she is nearly 3, misdee, the nursery you are thinking of (its the same one DD1 went to, isn't it??) can apply for funding as you are on benifits, and that will pay for 3 sessions a week, (about 7.5 hours) in January 2006 she will be entitled to 5 sessions (12.5 hours) and that nursery can apply for that too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now