Talk

Advanced search

DS crying when leaving him at pre-school

(2 Posts)
rubynoodles Tue 10-Feb-09 11:29:26

DS is 3yrs old and started Montessori last September and hated it!!

I kept him in for 6 weeks but he cried & cried each time and became so clingy that I could'nt leave him anywhere (even with his grandparents who he was previously fine with)and he got stress excema everywhere so I took him out and gave him a break.

I have just started him at different pre-school and the staff there are lovely and have a settling in policy so I could stay with him ( he was fine with this) but the last week I have stayed for 15 mins then left and he has cried & cried and I feel so bad that I bawl my eyes out when I get home (he acts as though i'm leaving him for good!)

I ring pre-school 20 mins later & usually they say he is fine & has settled but each time we go again he cries & gets so upset and tells me its scary & PLEASE TAKE ME HOME!

DH says I have to keep at it because one day he will need to go to school and it will be worse then if I leave it till then.

Please tell me its gets better its soooo stressful

ZoeC Tue 10-Feb-09 11:31:26

My dd1 was a nightmare to leave at playgroup, but it really was only for my benefit and she was fine by the time I got to the end of the drive. Depends really on whether it eases after the first few times this time. Still time yet before school though, when does he start?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now