Talk

Advanced search

Nursery puds/desserts ideas please. Not exciting I know, but I need help.

(20 Posts)
bubble99 Sun 03-Apr-05 23:01:46

I'm really not in the mood but I need to plan the nursery menu for next week. I need some pud/dessert ideas. What kind of things do you, as nursery parents, like seeing on the menu. I've got fruit yoghurt, fruit salad, apple crumble and ice cream but I need a few more suggestions. Bear in mind that all of our fresh produce used is organic so I need to be able to source it.

Dior Sun 03-Apr-05 23:06:25

Message withdrawn

colditzmum Sun 03-Apr-05 23:06:41

Fruited sponge pudding and custard.
Pure juice jelly with fruit chunks.
Banana and custard.

JulieF Sun 03-Apr-05 23:50:21

When I was at school I used to love flapjack and custard.

mummytosteven Sun 03-Apr-05 23:51:03

gingerbread?

bubble99 Sun 03-Apr-05 23:57:50

Thanks all. I can finish now finish next week's menu. Keep the ideas coming.

bubble99 Sun 03-Apr-05 23:59:14

"finish now finish?" Tired, must go to bed. Thanks again.

WideWebWitch Mon 04-Apr-05 07:25:04

Can't they just have fruit? Easy to source and prepare, good for them, unprocessed, nutritious.

Hulababy Mon 04-Apr-05 08:27:58

Rice pudding
Home made cakes/buns - maybe could be a morning activity for the children to make them???

ggglimpopo Mon 04-Apr-05 08:41:05

Message withdrawn

bubble99 Tue 05-Apr-05 18:33:43

Just fruit is fine WWW, we have fruit at "breaktimes" and fruit salads on the menu. There's always a plate of very popular "finger vegetables" on the table at mealtimes. Raw sugar snaps, carrots, peppers, radishes, cucumber etc. So they get some good unadulterated vitamins with each meal. We're keen to expose their little palates to new tastes and textures and I'd like to try some new tastes/textures. Easy to do with main courses but it's not so easy to come up with new ideas for puds/desserts.

cod Tue 05-Apr-05 18:34:31

Message withdrawn

cod Tue 05-Apr-05 18:34:47

Message withdrawn

snafu Tue 05-Apr-05 18:36:21

Bread and butter pudding?

milge Tue 05-Apr-05 18:43:40

Bananas and custard
fruit muffins with creme fraiche
creme caramel
jelly

vict17 Tue 05-Apr-05 18:44:18

Not sure I'd be happy with ds having ice cream at nursery - but then he is just one. What age are we talking here?

bubble99 Tue 05-Apr-05 21:28:34

Good call cod, baked bananas are yummy. I like the sound of pure juice jelly with fruit chunks too. Would need to be veggie jelly though. Fruit muffins also sound good. Baking is always a popular activity too hulababy - little floury people

Relieved to report that we now have a chef who is planning the menu for next (and each) week. He'll OK it with me and we'll make any changes needed. Thanks for your help all, it's good to know what appeals to you and your littlies as (nursery or not) parents.

bubble99 Tue 05-Apr-05 21:30:27

vict17, we're talking 18 months to five years.

Rarrie Wed 06-Apr-05 00:15:53

I like milk based things... sugar free yoghurts (the litle rachel's organic ones), rice pudding, fruit and custard, semolina.

Also, I don't like giving my daughter anything chocolately! (she's 17 months) and we don't give her chocolate. That would be a big nono for me at the mo!

FairyMum Wed 06-Apr-05 06:59:08

I don't like my DS getting anything but fruit for pudding at nursery. At home I buy frozen fruit and mix it with bananas and non-sugary yoghurt in a blender. Lovely. I don't want sugary things in nursery because then he comes home on a sugar high.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: