Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Differences between Playgroup & Nursery

(3 Posts)
Lasvegas Thu 10-Mar-05 14:28:31

DD is 2 yr & 3 mnth. With child minder full time. Health Visitor said DD needed more stimulus as her language skils are 'exceptional' (7 word sentences). So am planning on sending her to playgroup or nursery 5 mornings (she still sleeps in pm) What is difference between Playgroup and Nursery? I am in London SW11 wandsworth, just in case there are any reccomendations.
Cheers

singyswife Thu 10-Mar-05 14:41:31

I sent my daughter to Playgroup before I sent her to nursery. Playgroup is a lot less educational than nursery. More free play and do what you like. Nursery is more structured as it has to teach children certain things before they go to school. My daughter could talk like yours but she was really shy around other children, I sent her to playgroup and 6 months later she was ready for nursery. Don't know about where you live but where I am they have to be 2 and a half to get into playgroup. Hope this helps

Evesmama Thu 10-Mar-05 14:51:46

my dd is 2 soon and i take her to M&T groups, but she still very much 'need's me , have "just" managed to get her into a very good school when shes three, but also wondered if theres anything i can do to bring on her self confidense and thought playgroups where just the same as M&T groups??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now