Talk

Advanced search

Looking for nursery/playgroup London NW4, NW11, N2 area etc.

(9 Posts)
LOVEMYMUM Tue 14-Oct-08 10:29:14

LO is nearly 8 months old.
I'm looking for a playgroup or a nursery for her to attend a few mornings a week.
We live in Hendon, NW4.
Any suggestions?
Also, please let me know any places to avoid.
Thanks.

SIOBHANB2008 Tue 14-Oct-08 17:01:38

Rocking horse nursery  in finchley central is meant to be good! Too far?

GroovyChic Tue 14-Oct-08 17:05:10

My ds and two nephews went to Asquith in Hendon Central. The manager is nice and friendly. My ds went for about a year and a half and really enjoyed it. Not sure what the baby room is like as my son went when he was 2. hth

bigmamawamma Tue 14-Oct-08 17:10:48

you should look at the rocking horse in finchley central n3 - it's all brand new with really lovely furniture and toys. they also have a beautiful big garden and parent webcams which are great when you're at work
the staff are all very sweet too.
i also really liked scribbles in n2 - it was just the garden that let it down for me
x

bigmamawamma Tue 14-Oct-08 17:12:46

when i looked at asquith the paint was peeling off the walls! and the garden full of dumped broken toys
they did say they were going to be doing it up though....

LOVEMYMUM Tue 14-Oct-08 19:41:31

Thanks for your posts.

Do any of these nurseries do reduced hours (I know i have to ask the nurseries directly smile.). I don't want LO going from 8 till 1 or 1 till 6. I just need a few hours break.

SIOBHANB2008 Tue 14-Oct-08 23:21:32

the rocking horse, u have to pay either a full morning/ afternoon session or full day . . . . its very unlikely u'll get a nursery for just a few hours as your lo will take a morning place!

SIOBHANB2008 Tue 14-Oct-08 23:23:46

of course your lo can go for a few hours within the allocated slot but you have to pay for the full session!

GroovyChic Wed 15-Oct-08 09:43:39

Asquith was refurbished at the beginning of this year so looks better then before.

You'll have to pay for the full morning or afternoon session even if your LO only went for a few hours, as you'll be taking up a place.

Also it's worth noting that mornings sessions are more expensive then the afternoon ones as they are more popular.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now