Talk

Advanced search

2 nurseries = too much?

(6 Posts)
hopperdee Thu 09-Oct-08 22:16:49

My dd goes to nursery one day a week and loves it. I might be starting to work more days soon and unfortunately the nursery doesn't have any extra days that she could do. It's a tiny nursery and I'd like her to stay there on the one day that she does go.

Would it be too confusing for her to have an extra day or two at another nursery? Does anyone have experience of this?

It seems a shame to completely take her out of that day as she enjoys it and is used to going to nursery there on a monday. She sometimes goes to my mums once a week on a different day and seems happy to do that. I dunno...

Any tips or experience? Thanks.

Gingerbear Thu 09-Oct-08 22:20:06

How old is she? Have you had a good look around the other nursery? If you get a goos feeling about the other nursery, I would say move her there - too confusing for a wee one otherwise. (Just my personal feeling though)

Gingerbear Thu 09-Oct-08 22:20:55

not goos, GOOD. Sorry for typo!!

hopperdee Thu 09-Oct-08 22:28:14

Thanks G. She's 18mths. I've seen another place that seems nice but I'm really happy with her being at this nursery on a Monday and wonder if completely taking her out of it would be more unsettling than doing the 2 places.

MrsFogi Thu 09-Oct-08 22:32:26

I kind of did this with dd - she started with a group for two year olds when she just turned 2 and now she is 2.5 se also goes to another drop-oof morning at a differnt school - she is fine with it she knows she goes to x place on x day each week and y place on y day each week.

hopperdee Thu 09-Oct-08 22:38:36

Mrs F, I know what you mean and I was kind of thinking that she might be ok as we often do things on set days too eg. wiggle jiggle on X day, my mums on X day, swimming etc. I'm glad it works for you. Any other opinions welcome.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: