Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Breakfast at nursery

(9 Posts)
SebbysMum Wed 08-Oct-08 16:07:57

If your nursery offered breakfast at 9.30am, would you expect to feed your 11 month old baby anything but milk before dropping them off at 8.30?

If yes, anyone got any tips for pre-nursery food that is super-quick and not too messy?

linzs Wed 08-Oct-08 16:26:57

Hi

We have a few children at our nursery who either eat before hand or eat on the way (we only offer breakfast to babies under 1 and then it is not served until 8.45/9).

Obviously it depends on how well your LO is at eating and feeding himself.

Parents offer foods such as fruit bars, Organix snacks, toast chopped and put into a bag, cheerios in a bowl(Obviously without milk), Chopped fruit, raisins, croissants and pancakes - the list goes on!!

It also depends on how humgry your LO is first thing. I have 3 DC's myself two of them will not eat too much early on and the other will not stop from the moment she wakes!!

One thing to remember though is to check with the nursery regarding allergies as it may be possible for a child to have an allergic reaction to a food that has been handled by another child IYSWIM.

linzs Wed 08-Oct-08 16:27:44

hungry - not humgry blush

Neeerly3 Wed 08-Oct-08 16:33:05

my nursery offers toast to kids over 2 at 8.30am, I therefore give my dt's (3.10) weetabix before we go at about half 7, and they can also have the toast at half 8 if they want it.

They also have a nutrigrain bar on way in the car, yes i know, how are they not obese, but they aren't luckily!

ceebee74 Wed 08-Oct-08 16:42:06

My DS (2.3) gets his breakfast (either toast or cereal) at nursery sometime between 9 and 9.30.

I give him a full bottle of milk when he wakes up at 7 plus something to eat (but not a full breakfast) before we leave the house at 8 - so a couple of mini ricecakes, a small cup of dry cereal, some raisins etc.

However, my DS does seem to be a tad strange that he never seems to feel hunger and quite often exists off fresh air - so if you have a good eater, this might not work for you.

SebbysMum Wed 08-Oct-08 20:20:16

Ceebee74 - my DS also likes a bit of London-fresh air to eat so your routine might work for us.

compo Wed 08-Oct-08 20:23:13

My dd gets breakfast as soon as she arrives, all the children do. It'd find it wierd to drop her off at 8am and her have to wait until 9.30am for breakfast

2cats2many Wed 08-Oct-08 20:25:38

I'm with Compo. My dd's nursery serves breakfast at around 8.15am. DD usually has a bottle of milk and a bit of toast before we head off.

missorinoco Wed 08-Oct-08 20:29:58

ds has his breakfast when he arrives at nursery (around 8.15). he usually has a bit of toast and a banana before he goes, he's too hungry to wait til he gets there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now