Talk

Advanced search

Magic Nursery Whetstone

(13 Posts)
pudding25 Sun 28-Sep-08 22:30:03

Does anyone send their kids there? I have just been offered a place for dd (4.5mths at the moment) for January. I loved it when I went to look around and the deputy manager was really nice but would like to hear some views of anyone who sends their kids.

ummadam Mon 29-Sep-08 20:44:24

bumped as I would be interested in any replies.

Pudding25 - we went on the recommendation of a friend with her 1year old there who started when he was about 6m. She says he loves it and is very happy there so DS is due to start late december and will prob be in the same room as your ds.

pudding25 Mon 29-Sep-08 22:37:40

unmadam - they can be boyfriend and girfriend smile

ummadam Tue 30-Sep-08 12:23:06

lol! sorry- just realised I typed ds for your dd! blush I suspect he will run away screaming - he is the 'gentle' type although I'm trying very hard to not label him the s.h.y word

pudding25 Tue 30-Sep-08 20:32:08

How old will your DS be in Jan? I am just waiting to hear from my school if I can go back part time and then I can accept the place at Magic. They are holding it for me until the end of the week....

ummadam Tue 30-Sep-08 21:41:16

nearly a year so a bit older than your little one but will be in the baby room for a while yet apparently.

pudding25 Tue 30-Sep-08 22:30:02

What days will he be there? I hoping to go back to work 3 days and mil will do one day childcare. Magic have offered me mon and wed or wed and Fri. I am hoping school will want me part time mon-wed.

I am dreading it really. I don't want to go back to work until my year is up but we need the money. I so don't want to leave her when she will not even be 8mths. I know she will be well looked after but I want to be the one looking after her! Really miserable about it actually but I am happy with what I saw at the nursery. Just found out that a friend of a friend sends her 2 kids there and thinks it is great.

bigmamawamma Wed 01-Oct-08 06:46:51

hello!
i went to look round magic not long ago. i thought the building design was very cool but wasnt too sure about its suitability for babies and young children.
i just couldnt get my head round the whole garden on the roof thing and the fact its on so many levels, it felt like the children would be the whole time on the stairs. it also didnt feel too spacious overall.
the babies didnt have a seperate sleep room or their own cots, i wondered how my little dd would ever get off to sleep with all the noise from the other children.
i also heard from some mums that the staff were very bitchy!?...
i went for the rocking horse in finchley central in the end, its closer to me and the building feels so much more homely and the staff so lovely plus they have webcams so you can see what the kids r doin and the garden is amazing!

pudding25 Wed 01-Oct-08 22:01:56

I am also looking at the Rocking Horse but I need to let Magic know by Friday and Rocking Horse won't know until November if they have a space. I am worried that if I turn down Magic, then I won't get a space at either.

Rocking Horse would actually be better as it is really near work.

ummadam Thu 02-Oct-08 10:44:25

my son will be there mon/tue/thur. I thought about the rocking horse but can't afford it on my salary and it is a bit far out of the way for me to get to work ontime for 8am. I'm happy with Magic although I won't really know until he starts as I do believe it is as much finding the right match for your child as finding 'the besr nursery'

pudding25 Thu 02-Oct-08 21:39:34

The Rocking Horse per day is only £1 dearer than Magic - unless you have got a good deal??!

chipmunkswhereareyou Thu 02-Oct-08 22:52:54

There's no such thing as a deal at Magic.....it is a nice nursery though.

ummadam Fri 03-Oct-08 08:58:56

no deal, but because of the distance and the slightly shorter opening times I would have to pay someone else at either end of the day aswell IYSWIM

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now