Talk

Advanced search

Should I ask them to discount our bill?

(6 Posts)
milkysallgone Thu 25-Sep-08 21:44:02

Ds started at nursery at the beginning of term. He managed one full session but was very upset and unsettled (he's 2 btw). After this it was deciede between us that I will leave him for an hour each time with the aim of building this up to a full session as he gets better at being left.

I'm perfectly happy with this arrangement and it appears to be working; he is getting a little better each time smile.

We had the bill at the start of the month for my dd who also attends, and ds. The thing is though the bill reflects the original plan of 2 full sessions and 2 lunch club hours per week. It is quite a bit of money for us.

Should I request that our bill is discounted because he is spending so little time there at the mo or not? I don't mind paying for the full session, but he's not doing the lunches yet. I hate bringing these things up and get quite blush. I really love the nursery and don't want to get all shirty about it with them.

Is this reasonable or is it expected that 'you book 'em you pay'? even though we're not using all of the time.

thisisyesterday Thu 25-Sep-08 21:49:22

hmm I think if he technically has the place and is on the books then you have to pay.
it's not as if they can fill the space is it?

milkysallgone Thu 25-Sep-08 22:02:23

That's fair enough really I know, It's the lunch club really - didn't know whether it was fair to ask about that as he's not using them?

tiggerlovestobounce Thu 25-Sep-08 22:06:30

I'm not sure that this is unreasonable.
I think that if the lunch money was just for food and not for care then it would be entirely reasonable to ask not to pay for it. Because it includes care as well then there probably isnt much you can say, as the place is still booked for him.
Could you give notice on his lunch time hour, and then take it up again when he is more settled?

milkysallgone Thu 25-Sep-08 22:10:06

Well it's already included on the autumn term bill, and hopefully after Christmas he'll be up for staying for it. Think I'm gonna have to swallow it (so to speak), and think of it as an investment in his future happiness there! [hopeless optimist emoticon]

gingernutlover Fri 26-Sep-08 10:29:05

you may be able to get out of the lunch club by giving up his place - there may be others waiting for one

but ..... you may not get the place back sad personally i would pay for it if i thought he would be using the place soon, if you reckon it may be months and months til he uses the lunch place and dont mind possibly losing it then ask them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now