Talk

Advanced search

Be honest - How did you lo behave when nursery came to do the home visit?

(11 Posts)
LoveMyGirls Tue 23-Sep-08 12:15:57

My dd2 has just stripped off and ran around like a loon, though she was very chatty and cute!
She's normally very well behaved, although the stripping off as soon as we get home is not unusual.

Renaissancewoman Tue 23-Sep-08 12:18:02

Never heard of a nursery doing a home visit - is this common?

compo Tue 23-Sep-08 12:18:55

is it a scool nursery?

malfoy Tue 23-Sep-08 12:20:42

My DS had just done a bit poo on the floor. I was busy cleaning it up, the place stank and DS ran round half naked. He refused point blank to speak to the teachers.

Mimsy2000 Tue 23-Sep-08 12:22:39

nursery home visit?!? never even heard of this.....

MarlaSinger Tue 23-Sep-08 12:25:30

My DS (was 9 months at visit) slept! He was supposed to be meeting his keyworker so she could get to know him in his safe environment and he bloody slept.

When he woke up he was miserable as sin.

Not a good start.

they get on fabulously now though

blinks Tue 23-Sep-08 12:26:48

I think it would be slightly scarier if they were uber polite childlings, pouring tea for their visitors and offering bourbons unto them...

<shudder>

LoveMyGirls Tue 23-Sep-08 12:44:52

They all do it in my area smile It is attached to a school but seperately funded i think.

I think a home visit is nice so they can meet the children and parents individually in the childs own environment and get an idea of what their home life is like.

Sycamoretree Tue 23-Sep-08 12:53:27

Yes, both DD's teachers came for a home visit a few weeks ago - she started on Monday - but it was optional - just a nice way to ease the kids into the idea of it and showed her lots of toys and asked her what she liked to do. DD was quite chatty and excited about the toys - wanted to show them her goldfish and our new carpet - but no, no OTT behaviour! Sounds like your LO was just a bit overexcited at the whole idea, which is great really isn't it - she'll no doubt have no problems settling in etc.

I'm sure they've seen it all before - better she was like that than sulky, surly or rude!

LoveMyGirls Tue 23-Sep-08 13:01:48

True, she is very very excited about nursery, I think she wants to be at school like dd1 (who is 9) she can't wait to meet new friends and play with the new toys etc she's been ready for about 6 months now but I couldn't get her in until she turned 3, she'll be starting the day after her birthday!

A lot of people have asked why I'm sending her as I'm a childminder and I could keep her at home with me but just because I'm at home doesn't mean she doesn't need to progress with her development.

I'm trying not to feel guilty but why should I? I'm doing what she wants and needs so why is it I can feel tiny stirrings of guilt, i keep imagining people think i'm only sending her to make my life easier, taking on other peoples children and paying for mine to go to someone else. hmm

Sycamoretree Tue 23-Sep-08 15:08:20

No, you're doing completely the right thing. My DD is only just 3 (mid August baby) but she was so ready to go. She's only doing the mornings as it's the state nursery attached to local school, but it's perfect for her. So many great activities to do - and teachers who can be bothered to get the paints etc out every day (unlike moi blush)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now