Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Morning or afternoon sessions?

(7 Posts)
Laugs Thu 18-Sep-08 08:37:18

I'm thinking of putting DD (23 mths) in nursery for 3 sessions a week so I can concentrate a bit on freelance work from home.

I can't decide whether to put her in morning or afternoon.

For Afternoon:
- I think it will be easier to get hold of clients/ get some work done in the afternoon (1.30-6)

- All the toddler groups are in the morning, so we could still have fun together.

Against Afternoon:
- At the moment DD normally has a 2 hour nap in the afternoon (I know, lucky me!), so I can normally do a bit of work then anyway.

- I don't really want to pay for her to sleep elsewhere for 2 hours/ or to be really tired all afternoon at nursery as she's missed her nap.

Just wondered what other people think would be best?

TheDevilWearsPrimark Thu 18-Sep-08 08:53:21

Mornings definitly, that way she will be tired out when she gets home, and you can carry on working as she naps.

MrsMattie Thu 18-Sep-08 16:57:12

I found afternoons a nightmare. My son was just too tired to get much out of it by that stage of the day. Now he does mornings, then comes home, has lunch and a bit of quiet time - it works out well.

FiveGoMadInDorset Thu 18-Sep-08 17:04:30

Morning vote here as well

n5rje Thu 18-Sep-08 17:04:50

I'd go for mornings, your DD is likely to be less tired and so will get more out of nursery, she can sleep when you pick her up and give you a bit of time for housework rather than work work.

If I only worked half a day I'd rather it be in the morning so I had the afternoon free without the spectre of work which you would I would always have looming over me in the morning if I worked in the afternoon iyswim.

midnightexpress Thu 18-Sep-08 17:07:59

Mine do a bit of both (2 mornings and one afternoon) - on the plus side, afternoons mean you can do something in the morning, especially in the winter when it gets dark so early. I find that after they have had a nap there's very little time to go out in the afternoons. But the nap thing is a bit of a nightmare. Mine start at 1.30 and it's impossible to get them fed and for them to have a sleep before they go and they're prety cranky by the time I collect them.

I'd choose mornings.

hifi Thu 18-Sep-08 17:19:33

mornings, although i have found trying to get these sessions a nightmare. they are like gold dust,dd had to do the first year afternoons then mornings a year later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now