Talk

Advanced search

Nursery 'assessment'

(6 Posts)
KT12 Wed 17-Sep-08 20:34:41

I am very happy with the nursery my DC attends, but have in the 13 months she has been there had no feedback on how they 'assess' her development. I am aware that the Foundation Stage Curriculum now includes children aged 0 to 5 and previously the Birth to Three Matters materials should have been used. I have asked the nursery when will they be giving feedback. First they said in September and today they told me parents evening will be in October when I asked again. Is it reasonable to have to wait 14 months? Is this the norm?

FiveGoMadInDorset Wed 17-Sep-08 20:36:34

Her notes should be available for you to read ant any time. The nursery that DD attends has always said that we can take her folder home to read the observations and assessments they have done on her.

KT12 Fri 19-Sep-08 08:28:45

Thanks Five.. That's a good idea. If I don't get an invitation to meet with the keyworker in the next two weeks, I'll ask to see DD's file. I am however surprised that they have not offered this option to me.

Scarfmaker Sun 21-Sep-08 20:52:55

They will have to liaise with you about your child especially now as from 1st September 2008 the EYFS is in force which all nurseries, schools, childminders, day care providers have to follow. This replaces the Every Child Matters and Birth to Three Matters.

KT12 Mon 22-Sep-08 10:29:28

Thanks Scarfmaker - I'm wondering how often should they liaise with me? What is reasonable to expect? I work in the field of Early Years but can't find any clear guidance on this?

RubySlippers Mon 22-Sep-08 10:35:08

my DS is at nursery and gets a daily sheet and every 16 weeks a sit down meeting with his keyworker

his file is available for me to look at anytime

i think 14 months is way too long to wait

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now