Talk

Advanced search

Nursery management help please!

(3 Posts)
saraho29 Wed 17-Sep-08 19:26:55

Could I ask for a little help please!
Can someone please confirm weather or not students can be counted towards ratios or not...

I work in a private nursery and have spent the day with 8 2 year olds with just myself (qualified level 3) and a student working towards level 2. Which i know is way over ratio anyway.
I have a really strong feeling that students are always counted in number with regards to ratios at our nursery...
Would like to have some thing to back me before I go into talk to management about it.
Which will I have been fuming today.......! So busy..... and i'm pregnant so could do without the stress!
Thanks
S x

gooseegg Wed 17-Sep-08 19:43:00

As a childminder I know that a new and unqualified assistant CAN count as an adult for ratios. But if the assistant is not yet fully CRB'ed than they can't be left unsupervised at all.

I don't know if it is any different for nurseries.

I should think you need a deep, warm, candle lit, lavender scented, bubble bath after today.

juneybean Wed 17-Sep-08 22:16:15

It depends on the age of the student, I believe students under 18 cannot be counted towards ratios but students 18 and over if deemed competant can be counted towards ratios

Sorry you have a crappy day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now