Talk

Advanced search

11mo been in nursery for three weeks, keyworker going on annual leave next week - should I worry?

(4 Posts)
MarlaSinger Wed 17-Sep-08 16:14:31

He goes in for three days from 8-4 - and today was the first day that he didn't cry as I left (well a little whinge but not full on tears)

he has developed a real bond with her and I am worried that on Monday he won't want to be left with one of the other staff and will have a horrid time, generally

any words of wisdom, advice, anything?!

gingernutlover Fri 19-Sep-08 08:57:12

aah poor you and ds, he may realise she is not there but in my experience with dd (started at 11 months) they do spend time with other staff members as well so that these situations are easier for the children. Hopefully by now he'll be familiar with the place and the people and he will be okay.

at that age dd was much more adaptable than she is now, at three to be honest, she changed rooms recently and its been quite rocky but we are getting there.

cmotdibbler Fri 19-Sep-08 09:00:32

TBH, you would never have known who DS's keyworker was as he has always been really happy at nursery to go to anyone. Settling in is more about the enviroment that one particular person ime.

jelliebelly Fri 19-Sep-08 09:04:21

You may be surprised at how many of the staff he will interact with during the course of the day and may not even realise she's not there ime!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now