Talk

Advanced search

ds just started playgroup!!

(6 Posts)
nappyaddict Mon 08-Sep-08 10:33:50

just dropped ds off at playgroup. he was a right pain. all the other children were waiting nicely my ds had to keep running into rooms he shouldn't and keep touching and pinching other children. sigh. he's going to be the hated child already!! oh and he's the only one with a beaker. he seems so much more of a baby compared to the others! even one of the other children points at him and says baby.

we were took into the big hall and he ran straight off and started playing. gave his cup to his keyworker and left straight away. he didn't even notice i'd gone. i'm so glad he didn't cry though. i'm glad i let him start at 2 and not 3 cos he didn't actually understand that i was going to leave him ther by himself.

Ready4anotherCoffee Tue 09-Sep-08 00:39:35

He'll soon pick up on the unwritten do's and don'ts, it's the herd mentality. Same with the beaker, give hima couple of weeks and you'll find he's only using it at home.

Be warned, after a few weeks the novelty will wear off, and he'll suddenly relise that you leave him, and you'll have a few weeks of unpeeling him. I always read 'owl babies' a lot at this stage, ds found it really helped re-infore the idea that mummies always come back.

Ready4anotherCoffee Tue 09-Sep-08 00:40:00

Ps hope he enjoyed itsmile

nappyaddict Tue 09-Sep-08 08:16:40

owl babies .... will have to look out for that one.

nappyaddict Tue 09-Sep-08 08:18:31

oh and yes i think he did. when i went to pick him up he was playing jigsaws nicely. i forgot to ask if he'd pinched anyone but if he had i think they'd have told me? i could see he had a tear stain and they said he'd only started crying when another girl did. bless he's a sensitive little thing he often cries when other kids fall over aswell yet he never cries when he does it himself!

nappyaddict Tue 09-Sep-08 17:17:45

he cried a bit more today they said but they think it was a combo of him being tired, mummy forgetting his comfort toy and having to go back in to give it them and him seeing a lady who was looking through the glass door keeping an eye on her dd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now