Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

sharing nursery time and space...

(6 Posts)
oatcake Mon 21-Feb-05 20:32:19

Just a straw poll here, but tonight I picked ds up to find numerous strangers and their children in his nursery, along with two 'beaver' leaders.

It turns out that nursery share the hut with the beavers once a week, and beavers have decided that they want to start their club at 5.30pm, impinging on nursery time by half an hour.

I don't get angry at much to do with his nursery, despite the heating not working currently (nor for the past month...), but I do not want

a) ds's nursery activities cleared away half an hour before the end of the nursery day
b) to have strangers, who I don't know, around my ds in the environment I entrust him into
c) to pay for that half hour when it's turned into another club
d) ds hurt by the equipment they erect for their activities (admitedly, tonight it was only tressle tables, but all the toddlers were running and playing underneath them...)

Is this acceptable to you?

wheresmyfroggy Mon 21-Feb-05 20:34:26

Not even vaguely nearing acceptable no

maisystar Mon 21-Feb-05 20:35:51

absolutely not!

oatcake Mon 21-Feb-05 20:39:03

good. so I wasn't out of order having a rant?

main thing is, the safety issue! I'm certainly not paranoid about ds, but I don't want the door of his nursery open to all and sundry (which I'm sure the parents aren't but evenso, one never knows...)

Tetley Mon 21-Feb-05 20:43:10

Definately not acceptable. If the beavers want to change theor time then they need to find somewhere else to do it.

Speaking from past experience of sharing a building & entrance (not even the same room) with our mothers & toddlers group & the local preschool - we had to change out time completely as their insurance wouldn't cover them if we shared the same entrance. I would have thought this would be similar here.

irishbird Mon 21-Feb-05 20:43:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now