Talk

Advanced search

DS just started nursery and today he doesn't seemed to have weed very much!

(5 Posts)
BouncingTurtle Thu 04-Sep-08 21:50:10

I have a bit of a concern about ds, he is settling at nursery and has been very content, the staff there have assured me he has settled in quickly, but his keyworker told me today that he didn't eat his lunch - he refused it and that she changed his nappy 3 times but they didn't seem very wet. She said she has offered him water but he only takes small sips but he has eaten lots of fruit such as melon, grapes, peach, oranges and banana.
Certainly when I took his nappy off to put him the bath earlier I was suprised to find it was virtually dry even though he'd had on for over 2 hours!
Anyone else have experience of this? I fed him at nursery as he indicated he was hungry when I put him in his car seat, then in the bath he was drinking his bath water again out of his doidy cup so I managed to get it off him and put some clean water in it and he drank quite a lot! He also had a good bedtime feed.
He is 8mo and this is his first week at nursery.

BouncingTurtle Thu 04-Sep-08 21:51:08

Should say I'm going to bed now(my web connection seems painfully slow atm!) so will check again tomorrow.

TIA

LuLuMacGloo Thu 04-Sep-08 21:58:06

TBH I wouldn't worry. I think it's just an adjustment thing. He knows how much he needs to drink (hence the bath water debacle!) and once he settles in then order will be restored. With all that fruit going in he'll be fine - just keep offering water/milk when you can.

Do feel proud though (and the staff are this vigilant) you have chosen the right place.

LuLuMacGloo Thu 04-Sep-08 21:59:19

Sorry - that sentence was meant to read ' Do feel proud though. If he has settled well (and the staff are this vigilant) you have chosen the right place!

BouncingTurtle Fri 05-Sep-08 06:11:36

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now